Day 2
I went to bed pretty early last night. About 6 pm I started wanting to go to sleep, but I made myself stay awake until 8 so that I could be reasonably assured of NOT waking up in the middle of the night, ready for the day to begin.
Well, I did wake up at some point in the night, feeling awake. I don't know what time it was, but there were still people at the pub talking, and a few singing, so I could kind of guess. I went back to sleep until 10:30, when Bernadette arrived to give Adeline her deposit back and take her keys...I said goodbye to Adeline, who was my roommate for all of 22 hours, and asked Bernadette about power situations, as my power adapter is prohibited from staying in the wall by its silly square design that does not fit in the round inset power outlet. She recommended Fnac, which is the store that my brother told me would quickly be mentioned in my experience in France.
So I followed her directions to Fnac, and found a USA to Europe power adapter, which I took home, and which worked with everything except my computer. For some reason it would work for a few seconds with the computer and then turn off. I went back to Fnac and bought a European power adapter for my mac, since I was reasonably sure that that would solve my problem. It did. Or, it seems to have. I suppose it could still fry my computer. But from what I could understand of what the Genius at the Fnac Mac store was telling me, it'll be fine.
I got home and charged my computer and looked up where I could buy a guitar, since I left mine at home. I found a likely store that was about 20 minutes away by tram and I used google maps to get directions. I had never used the mass transit/on foot directions on the site before, and they ended up working really well. They took me right to where the store used to be. Thankfully, the store had only moved by 500 meters, so I found it and bought a guitar that was on sale. It turns out to be a Cort electric-acoustic. It's a brand I'd never heard of, but they had a lot of them in the store, which made me think they're kind of a French thing. Who knows.
I made the trip home and I've been hanging out, watching X-Files season 7, drinking some of that wine I bought yesterday, and playing a bit of guitar. Tomorrow is Sunday, so I'm not sure there's going to be much to do. I'm glad I got the guitar-buying out of the way, so I'll have something to do...
You have your priorities in order.
ReplyDeleteFood.
Guitar.
Let's see what day 3 has in store...
Merit badge for exploring your surroundings!
ReplyDelete