Foiled again.
Today I woke up feeling listless, and then I remembered I had a bunch of homework, re-evaluated what "bunch" of homework meant based on my experiences this year, and felt rather like a letters major. Or, what I imagine letters majors should feel like when they're complaining about the homework they have to do.
So this afternoon I've been reading some about the reign of Louis XV on the internet, and I've just started reading Rimbaud's Illuminations, which I'm supposed to finish by our class on Thursday, even though she's told us we're only going to discuss one of them that day. I'm not sure what etiquette on homework here is, as I never figured out in the linguistics department when the homework, which always seemed suggested, was really just suggested, and when it was actually taken up. This wouldn't make much of a difference on my quality of work, were I writing in English, but the difference between taking French notes for my benefit and making myself sound like an educated person while writing in French is pretty large.
I've been nursing a rather painful headache this afternoon. Evening. (Wow, I'm nocturnal.) And I finally just figured out that it's probably because, while I've been sick, I've been drinking an inordinate amount of tea. I think I managed to re-addict myself to caffeine. And I was so proud of having kicked my Dr Pepper habit. Well, further experimentation will determine whether caffeine is actually the cause.
And in the meantime, I'm going to try to understand some Rimbaud.
So this afternoon I've been reading some about the reign of Louis XV on the internet, and I've just started reading Rimbaud's Illuminations, which I'm supposed to finish by our class on Thursday, even though she's told us we're only going to discuss one of them that day. I'm not sure what etiquette on homework here is, as I never figured out in the linguistics department when the homework, which always seemed suggested, was really just suggested, and when it was actually taken up. This wouldn't make much of a difference on my quality of work, were I writing in English, but the difference between taking French notes for my benefit and making myself sound like an educated person while writing in French is pretty large.
I've been nursing a rather painful headache this afternoon. Evening. (Wow, I'm nocturnal.) And I finally just figured out that it's probably because, while I've been sick, I've been drinking an inordinate amount of tea. I think I managed to re-addict myself to caffeine. And I was so proud of having kicked my Dr Pepper habit. Well, further experimentation will determine whether caffeine is actually the cause.
And in the meantime, I'm going to try to understand some Rimbaud.
Comments
Post a Comment