Unexpected Guests

Yesterday, I got a Facebook message from a stranger saying that she was a friend of Vianney's, coming in on a plane from Scotland and then a train from Paris, and could I please remind him to pick her up from the train station, because he wasn't answering his landline or his cell? I left him a message.

And about two hours later receive several frantic phone calls and text messages advising me that he'd completely forgot his friends were coming in from Scotland and was in Toulouse with Christine, and could I pick them up and keep them.

And so I found myself with Lily and Philippa, who are Scottish and English respectively, last night. We dropped their stuff of at my apartment, got a drink with Benjamin at the Frog & Rosbif, and took a walk by the river. I guess we're going to try to see the major sights of Bordeaux today.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Year in Review

2022 in Concerts

What I Read This Year