Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. Frogs like a fruit fly.
Maybe it's because everything is lifeless and covered with snow, but I looked up yesterday to see the frog season staring me in the face. And that's when the world exploded with work.
I'm writing a proposal for a grant, trying to help an undergrad write a proposal, planning my summer research (and helping the undergrad to plan their summer research), learning how to analyze sounds, learning how to create artificial frog calls, learning multivariate statistics...and taking classes. Which probably involves learning, too, but I find I care about it less and less.
I'm really excited about the frog season starting and the classes part ending. The snow is also something I can do without. All of these things are going to happen very soon.
I'm writing a proposal for a grant, trying to help an undergrad write a proposal, planning my summer research (and helping the undergrad to plan their summer research), learning how to analyze sounds, learning how to create artificial frog calls, learning multivariate statistics...and taking classes. Which probably involves learning, too, but I find I care about it less and less.
I'm really excited about the frog season starting and the classes part ending. The snow is also something I can do without. All of these things are going to happen very soon.
Comments
Post a Comment