Summer: A Report
Summer brought back all the things I liked about the Twin Cities in the first place. Or, maybe, they just weren't swamped by the oppressive snow anymore. My mood is much improved. I'm trying to spend a lot of time outside -- gardening, biking, etc. It's working out as well as can be expected, considering I'm working the night schedule and the weather is months behind schedule.
I thought I knew what I was getting into for this summer, since I did a lot of testing and frog collecting last year. This summer's spotty 9 p.m. to 5ish a.m. schedule has been weird, and complicated by the unseasonable cold that has kept the frog supply down. Not nearly enough has gotten done, and we will probably run out of frogs any day now. I have only gone out collecting twice, to my great surprise.
I've gone back to swimming, and I put new strings on my guitar yesterday. It's kind of a wonder how much difference that made. I'm trying to get more done -- more fun stuff and more science stuff. We'll see how it goes.
I thought I knew what I was getting into for this summer, since I did a lot of testing and frog collecting last year. This summer's spotty 9 p.m. to 5ish a.m. schedule has been weird, and complicated by the unseasonable cold that has kept the frog supply down. Not nearly enough has gotten done, and we will probably run out of frogs any day now. I have only gone out collecting twice, to my great surprise.
I've gone back to swimming, and I put new strings on my guitar yesterday. It's kind of a wonder how much difference that made. I'm trying to get more done -- more fun stuff and more science stuff. We'll see how it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment