You can take the kid out of the midwest

We’ve been living in Australia for more than five months now, and I still kind of can’t believe that we can go to the beach at the drop of a hat. The beach was An Event when I was growing up. We never lived closer than an eleven hour drive from the ocean, but we made an almost annual pilgrimage to the coast and spent every available moment enjoying the water, fresh seafood, and each other’s company. The ocean makes me instantly feel like I’m on vacation. It feels decadent, somehow. 

But here in Perth, we can be at an incredible beach in under 15 minutes and at no expense beyond what we spent on sunscreen. I feel like I’m on vacation all the time. This is  what our afternoon looked like, here in Western Australia. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Year in Review

Modest Mouse and Gogol Bordello at Breese Stevens Field, Madison, WI, 9/30/17

Arcade Fire with the Breeders at the Xcel Energy Center, 10/29/17