What I Read in 2022

I fell a little short of my reading goal this year - I had hoped to read 45 books. I am happy with what I did, though. In 2022, I spent a lot of time thinking about songs and studying the Cherokee language. A lot of other stuff happened - we moved continents, we became homeowners, I started a new job, did a bunch of research, and spent a lot of time on teaching. What I read were mostly novels, but there are a few collections of short fiction, non-fiction works, and children's books. Here's what I read in 2022: 1. Mate Choice: The Evolution of Sexual Decision Making from Microbes to Humans by Gil Rosenthal 2. Memory's Legion by James S.A. Corey 3. Animal Behavior (11th Edition) by Dustin R. Rubenstein and John Alcock 4. The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman 5. The Sandman Vol. 2: The Doll's House by Neil Gaiman 6. The Sandman Vol. 3: Dream Country by Neil Gaiman 7. Naturalist on the Bibbulmun: A Walking Companion by Leigh W. Simmons 8. A Spindle Splintered by Alix E. Harrow 9. The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik 10. A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik 11. Light from Uncommon Stars by Ryka Aoki 12. Winter in the Bone by James Welch 13. The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg 14. Anatomy: A Love Story by Dana Schwartz 15. Seasonal Fears by Seanan McGuire 16. In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire 17. The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones 18. The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson 19. Someone in Time, Jonathan Strahan, Editor 20. Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire 21. Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune 22. Where the Drowned Girls Go by Seanan McGuire 23. The Great Glorious Goddamn of It All by Josh Ritter 24. The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro 25. Devil House by John Darnielle 26. Rabbit and the Bears by Deborah L. Duvall 27. The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams 28. Nightshade Teehee Lucky Mascot by Deborah L. Duvall 29. The Old Lie by Claire G. Coleman 30. Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor 31. A Declaration of the Rights of Magicians by H.G. Parry 32. The Dry by Jane Harper 33. Far from the Light of Heaven by Tade Thompson 34. Recursion by Blake Crouch 35. The Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North 36. Across the Green Grass Fields by Seanan McGuire 37. Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire 38. The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune 39. The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Year in Review

2022 in Concerts

What I Read This Year