Sigh.
Well, our washing machine still doesn't work. Also, we lost to Texas. I hate that a lot, but I can't say I didn't see it coming.
It got cold in Bordeaux all of a sudden. It's already affecting my life, and it's not even below 50 yet. I just have very little desire to walk around aimlessly (which was one of my chief employments until this week) when it's cold out. All the shops and restaurants are starting to keep their doors closed and move their furniture inside.
I hate it when it gets cold. I lose motivation to go anywhere, and when it gets dark earlier I'm much more likely to stay inside than to get anything done. It's not ideal.
On the upside, the guy I left my lens with tells me he can fix it for around 30 euros, and to call back sometime next week. Hopefully this is true, because that's not a bad price at all. I was expecting worse.
I'm copying the notes I took during the first week of class into some new notebooks. They don't really sell spirals in France, really. They sell a few, but mostly the notebooks are all sort of staple-bound with card-stock covers -- and they're all filled with grid paper. In fact, the only notebooks of any kind were filled with grid paper instead of ruled with lines. I found this kind of strange, and I'm not sure why everyone would want to write their notes on a grid. Maybe they make a lot of charts.
It's Sunday and pretty much everything is closed. I had half a mind to try to see Where the Wild Things Are today, since it came out Friday, but it's not playing in France yet. I also can't find the release date for France, but I've seen several French language blogs hyping it so I'm hoping it will get here eventually. I'd like to see it on the big screen.
It got cold in Bordeaux all of a sudden. It's already affecting my life, and it's not even below 50 yet. I just have very little desire to walk around aimlessly (which was one of my chief employments until this week) when it's cold out. All the shops and restaurants are starting to keep their doors closed and move their furniture inside.
I hate it when it gets cold. I lose motivation to go anywhere, and when it gets dark earlier I'm much more likely to stay inside than to get anything done. It's not ideal.
On the upside, the guy I left my lens with tells me he can fix it for around 30 euros, and to call back sometime next week. Hopefully this is true, because that's not a bad price at all. I was expecting worse.
I'm copying the notes I took during the first week of class into some new notebooks. They don't really sell spirals in France, really. They sell a few, but mostly the notebooks are all sort of staple-bound with card-stock covers -- and they're all filled with grid paper. In fact, the only notebooks of any kind were filled with grid paper instead of ruled with lines. I found this kind of strange, and I'm not sure why everyone would want to write their notes on a grid. Maybe they make a lot of charts.
It's Sunday and pretty much everything is closed. I had half a mind to try to see Where the Wild Things Are today, since it came out Friday, but it's not playing in France yet. I also can't find the release date for France, but I've seen several French language blogs hyping it so I'm hoping it will get here eventually. I'd like to see it on the big screen.
it got super cold here too!!! i bought a little fan/heater at auchan for 8 euro and that thing is awesome!!
ReplyDeletei find the notebook thing weird too...my friends were in paris during my birthday and they found a little notebook with regular lines and they bought it for me as a bday gift. never thought i would appreciate a regular lined piece of paper. haha