This is just ridiculous.
Today, I am frustrated beyond belief. Already.
Last week I called the company that came to give me an estimate about the washing machine to ask them why the hell they still had not come to fix my washing machine.
They told me I had to wait for the formal estimate in the mail and then MAIL IT BACK TO THEM when I made my decision.
And so I waited with as much patience as I could muster, for over a week, for a piece of mail they claimed they mailed to me from not even a mile from where I am sitting right now.
No luck.
I just called back to beg for someone to come fix it, and their response was that they HAVE to have the request in writing and I MUST wait for it in the mail. They agreed to send me a new one.
I asked them if we could just forget I ever "asked for" the estimate and start a new work order. She said no. And furthermore, there are parts to order. I asked her (rather hopelessly) if she could order them in advance. She said no, she has to receive a request in writing, then put in an order for the parts, and after the parts are in ("parts" here meaning ONE belt) THEN we can make an appointment, with probably a one or two week waiting period.
This is ridiculous. It's like they don't even want my money.
I am going to the laundromat again. I can't even express how frustrated I am. If I knew anyone else to call or had a phonebook, I would be calling someone else. Maybe I will try the internet. The problem is that my landlady has a specific amount of money she will reimbourse me for, and told me to use this particular service -- maybe it's the cheapest? I don't want to pay to fix her stupid machine myself.
On the other hand, I've now spent like 40 euros at the laundromat, which means there's a definite cost-benefit graph to consider -- at what point is it cheaper for me to pay to fix her machine, as opposed to having to do my laundry somewhere else?
Last week I called the company that came to give me an estimate about the washing machine to ask them why the hell they still had not come to fix my washing machine.
They told me I had to wait for the formal estimate in the mail and then MAIL IT BACK TO THEM when I made my decision.
And so I waited with as much patience as I could muster, for over a week, for a piece of mail they claimed they mailed to me from not even a mile from where I am sitting right now.
No luck.
I just called back to beg for someone to come fix it, and their response was that they HAVE to have the request in writing and I MUST wait for it in the mail. They agreed to send me a new one.
I asked them if we could just forget I ever "asked for" the estimate and start a new work order. She said no. And furthermore, there are parts to order. I asked her (rather hopelessly) if she could order them in advance. She said no, she has to receive a request in writing, then put in an order for the parts, and after the parts are in ("parts" here meaning ONE belt) THEN we can make an appointment, with probably a one or two week waiting period.
This is ridiculous. It's like they don't even want my money.
I am going to the laundromat again. I can't even express how frustrated I am. If I knew anyone else to call or had a phonebook, I would be calling someone else. Maybe I will try the internet. The problem is that my landlady has a specific amount of money she will reimbourse me for, and told me to use this particular service -- maybe it's the cheapest? I don't want to pay to fix her stupid machine myself.
On the other hand, I've now spent like 40 euros at the laundromat, which means there's a definite cost-benefit graph to consider -- at what point is it cheaper for me to pay to fix her machine, as opposed to having to do my laundry somewhere else?
red tape!!! they love it here!!! they also just love to keep mailing you stuff...
ReplyDeletei hope your washer gets fixed soon! ):
Our washing machine opens randomly when it's in the middle of a cycle, and doesn't produce hot water. Our landlord asked us if we could buy a new one and reimburse her. Isn't that her job?
ReplyDelete