Erasmus
"Erasmus" is the magic word that makes professors give you alternate assignments or cut you slack when you had NO IDEA what was going on in class.
It also, I have come to realize, is a much larger community of displaced students I ever imagined. When we met that group of Erasmus kids on Halloween by coincidence, it seems we wandered into a new group of people. Some of them are hosting a party just down the street from us tonight, for just a bunch of foreign kids. I'm excited, but I'm not sure how many of them we'll know from other places.
It's kind of interesting how, if the only thing you have in common is that you don't belong someplace, that becomes a way to belong in itself.
It makes me want to get involved with the exchange programs at OU when I get back to Norman.
It also, I have come to realize, is a much larger community of displaced students I ever imagined. When we met that group of Erasmus kids on Halloween by coincidence, it seems we wandered into a new group of people. Some of them are hosting a party just down the street from us tonight, for just a bunch of foreign kids. I'm excited, but I'm not sure how many of them we'll know from other places.
It's kind of interesting how, if the only thing you have in common is that you don't belong someplace, that becomes a way to belong in itself.
It makes me want to get involved with the exchange programs at OU when I get back to Norman.
Comments
Post a Comment