Of late.
Amy moved into a hotel a few days ago, to have her own space. We've been meeting for coffee or lunch just about every day.
I've been seeing a lot of Vianney and Benjamin. Yesterday we tried to go see A Serious Man at this little indie move theater, Utopia. I must have walked past it a hundred times and never realized it was a movie theater. The line looked like it was going to take an hour to get through, and as we were five minutes to the last showing of the night, we gave up.
We walked around aimlessly until we ended up at a sort of wine bar near the Grosse Cloche. I had a glass of an organic white that was, as far as I could tell, just called F, and by far my favorite kind ofwhite to date white wine I've ever tasted.
Today was kind of aimless, except for it having been open mic night at the pub downstairs. I learned that it's not just professional musicians in France that write their lyrics in English -- all of the amateurs were doing it, too. I think it's really strange that they choose not to write in their own language.
Tomorrow, I must go to the university and choose my classes. I feel sort of despondent about it, though, since I know they won't have a schedule available when I try to choose. This means I could choose only classes whose lectures are at 10:30 on Mondays, and have to choose all over again whenever they decide to post the schedules. Sigh. I will perservere.
P.S. - Spellcheck tells me that "perservere" is not an okay spelling, but google tells me it is. Also, my memories of being 10 years old and seeing the list of words taped to the cabinet that held the board games. I'm sticking to what 10-year-old Jessie tells me.
I've been seeing a lot of Vianney and Benjamin. Yesterday we tried to go see A Serious Man at this little indie move theater, Utopia. I must have walked past it a hundred times and never realized it was a movie theater. The line looked like it was going to take an hour to get through, and as we were five minutes to the last showing of the night, we gave up.
We walked around aimlessly until we ended up at a sort of wine bar near the Grosse Cloche. I had a glass of an organic white that was, as far as I could tell, just called F, and by far my favorite kind of
Today was kind of aimless, except for it having been open mic night at the pub downstairs. I learned that it's not just professional musicians in France that write their lyrics in English -- all of the amateurs were doing it, too. I think it's really strange that they choose not to write in their own language.
Tomorrow, I must go to the university and choose my classes. I feel sort of despondent about it, though, since I know they won't have a schedule available when I try to choose. This means I could choose only classes whose lectures are at 10:30 on Mondays, and have to choose all over again whenever they decide to post the schedules. Sigh. I will perservere.
P.S. - Spellcheck tells me that "perservere" is not an okay spelling, but google tells me it is. Also, my memories of being 10 years old and seeing the list of words taped to the cabinet that held the board games. I'm sticking to what 10-year-old Jessie tells me.
Comments
Post a Comment