Is this real life?
Yesterday I took my last final, and today I was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. I'm waiting to see what grade I get in Animal Development, but otherwise my grades are final and I'm all set to graduate tomorrow. I'll walk across a stage -- twice -- and shake some hands and then I'll officially be an educated adult. I'm not sure how that's remotely possible. I know if I could meet me from five years ago, I'd probably notice a difference, but whatever change higher education has wrought has been unnoticeable to me.
Next week I'm moving away from Oklahoma for the first time. I feel more melancholy about that than I thought I would. Not that there's anything inherently good about this place or its people, it's just that I've been working very hard for the last almost-23 years to find all the best people that live here, and now I have to start all over again, and what I have made here can never be the same, and the tyranny of distance makes all relationships worse.
Also, they have funny accents in Minnesota.
Next week I'm moving away from Oklahoma for the first time. I feel more melancholy about that than I thought I would. Not that there's anything inherently good about this place or its people, it's just that I've been working very hard for the last almost-23 years to find all the best people that live here, and now I have to start all over again, and what I have made here can never be the same, and the tyranny of distance makes all relationships worse.
Also, they have funny accents in Minnesota.
ooh ya you bet'cha!
ReplyDelete