Jake Bellows with Christopher the Conquered and Both, the Slowdown, Omaha 12/23/15
![]() |
| Christopher the Conquered (left), with jingle bell guests |
Both opened again, just like last year. I think they sound pretty good, but they spent a lot more time talking than performing, and experienced some distracting technical difficulties and had to beg members of the audience for AA batteries.
![]() |
| Morgan (left) and Jake as Supermoon |
Jake's set was really interesting -- stripped down versions of songs from his solo work and Neva Dinova records, done with just one electric guitar and vocals. He hit a lot of high points from his catalog for me. Probably my favorite single track was "Brooklyn". I'm a sucker for the self-titled record, so maybe that was predictable. Jake also did a cover (by maybe Waylon Jennings?) I really liked -- I keep waiting for the lyrics to come back to me.
Toward the end of the set, Jake invited his girlfriend, Morgan, onto the stage to sing a couple of songs with him. They duetted the vocals. Apparently, they're forming a country band called Supermoon, and recordings should be forthcoming. I'm looking forward to it.


Comments
Post a Comment